PHIT is proud to be returning to the FringeArts Festival and is excited to work with members of the theater community with new comedic show ideas. PHIT’s experience in successfully producing shows at the Philly Fringe Festival and FringeArts stretches back over a decade and includes 50+ productions, including: improvised soap operas, live podcast recordings, sketch comedy, storytelling showcases, full-fledged variety shows (complete with dancers and a live band), an original musical, and multiple transfers from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. We’re excited to hear what you’d like to do and see if we can help!
Use the form linked here to submit your idea for a 2017 FringeArts show to be performed at PHIT Comedy and we will consider your pitch for possible inclusion in our slate of shows this September. On the application you will be asked to provide information about yourself and your collaborators; your pitch, your needs for cast, crew, and production; ideas you have for marketing of your show; and any other artistic support you feel it will require. The pitch form can be edited at any time after you submit up until the deadline for submissions on Monday, April 17, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
All pitches will be reviewed by PHIT’s artistic team and administrative staff and receive a response. If your pitch is selected for inclusion in PHIT’s programming for the 2017 FringeArts Festival, you will receive:
- A run of performances on one of PHIT’s two stages during the dates of the festival.
- Help developing a budget for your festival show, with PHIT covering all budgeted festival show costs.
- Assistance in casting your festival show, if needed.
- Rehearsal space to prepare for your festival show.
- Marketing and public relations assistance for your festival show.
- Box office, house management, and backstage support for your festival show.
- Archival video and photo recording of performances of your festival show.
- Compensation for your show based on its commercial success.
We expect many more great pitches than we will be able to produce. If your pitch is not accepted as part of our Fringe run, you are free to submit the idea to PHIT for production at another time throughout the year or you to take it (and the feedback you receive) elsewhere to produce with another organization or on your own. Chosen submissions will be notified by Monday May 1, 2017.
Thank you for considering PHIT Comedy as a partner in producing your show at the 2017 FringeArts Festival, now send us your ideas!