With most people downtown in Philly proceeding to their doomsday bunkers and the police, FBI, and Secret Service preparing a security perimeter that has us convinced Pope Francis will actually be summoning and fighting the devil instead of celebrating mass on the art museum steps PHIT has decided to close up shop for the week. We won’t be holding any classes, workshops or shows from Monday, September 21st through Sunday, September 27th, 2015. Classes will resume on Monday, September 28th and shows will return with Harold Night on Wednesday, September 30th at 7:30 p.m.
In the meantime, if you are missing us this week we’ve got a few great opportunities for you catch some live comedy around town:
- Tuesday night you could catch the Open Mic at Helium Comedy Club right across the street from us at 2131 Sansom Street.
- Wednesday night our friends at CSz Philadelphia (who play on The Playground stage right inside our home at The Adrienne Theatre), are having a special ComedySportz match for the World Meeting of Families at 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday you can catch the open mic at The Philly Comedy Attic at Raven Lounge (1718 Sanom Street) starting at 9:00 p.m.
- Also Thursday night, our Dynamite Series show (Untitled) is giving a special performance at Indy Hall (22 North 3rd Street) in Old City at 7:00 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, Helium Comedy Club is inviting back three former Philly’s Phunniest winners for a showcase. If you’ve been around PHIT for many years you’ll recognize the names of James Hesky, Doogie Horner and David James – all of whom have appeared on our stage at one time or another as well!
- Sunday there are no jokes, just a catholic mass on the parkway that includes a pre-show hosted by Markey Mark (without The Funky Bunch).
Of course, if you’ve already shacked up for the week with you food, water and rosary beads you can also catch some comedy online. Last week our own sketch house team Goat Rodeo did a brilliant sketch on stage, and they went to the Parkway this weekend to film it. So enjoy “Unofficial Papal Welcoming Committee” anytime this week when you are missing us!