Greg Maughan, PHIT’s founder and Executive Director, has been named a “creative connector” by Leadership Philadelphia, a list which sought to highlight “entrepreneurial professionals with an agenda for action” in Philadelphia’s art, culture, and design communities. The was developed starting this past summer when Leadership Philadelphia, the premier leadership development organization in Philadelphia, partnered with the Mayor’s Office on Creative Economy, Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance, and WHYY/NewsWorks to identify the city’s “Creative Connectors” – people in the region’s cultural scene who seem to know everyone, connect for the common good, and had a track record of getting things done. After a broad effort to solicit nominations that included an online citizen survey, the 76 people (from over 1,500 nominations) most often cited by their peers for using art, culture, and design to build community and economic vitality were announced last Friday.
Upcoming Shows at PHIT
- Harold Night: Metropolis feat. Launch Pad Team Hotline (Wed Aug 24)
- Harold Night: Hackett Park + PG-13 (Wed Aug 24)
- PHIT's Famous FREE Improv Jam hosted by Hackett Park (Wed Aug 24)
- A Few Answers Short (Thu Aug 25)
- Sketch Comedy: Codename Athena's Premiere feat. The Prince (Thu Aug 25)